Full course description
*$150 enrollment fee is for 1 individual course. Or, enroll in our PDLN Suite to access all PDLN courses for just $250.
If you wish to receive university credit for this course, you will need to pay an additional $75 directly to the University of the Pacific.
Join us as we take you step by step to expertise in Chromebooks and the tools that make them so phenomenal. You can choose to create lesson materials for your class with at least one of your Assessment of Knowledge (AOK) options: it's win-win! Your life, and your students' educations, are about to get better and easier!
- Edict from above: You're tasked with putting Chromebooks to use in your classroom;
- Curiosity: You've been eyeing them of your own accord;
- Lucky break: Magically, you've ended up with one in your hands;
- Moral mandate: Your students will really benefit from using them.
Whatever the reason you're here, there's a lot to learn about these powerful, economical little laptops!
So now what? In this course, you'll not only learn the ins and outs of operating the devices, you'll discover ways to use them to enhance learning and engagement. And you'll see how to start your own Chromebook 1:1 program, even without administrative mandate or financial support, when you meet a teacher who did just that.
To master the Google tools that will take your Chromebook integration from phenomenal to miraculous (and yes, we dare say so ourselves!), check out our courses on Google Drive and Google Classroom.
- Course Syllabus
- Supporting Lesson Plans and Resources
- 15 Clock Hours
- Badge Certification
- 1 Unit of University Credit ($75 additional fee)
- AOK Rubric
- AOK Exemplar